abbythesnowmoose asked: I've been out of the game for a few years because I moved to an area where all the theatre groups were really exclusive, but I just got cast as Felicity in "The Real Inspector Hound" and I'm so happy I want to die. I'd forgotten how much I truly loved theatre and acting and EEE :D
Awwww, that’s great! Massive congrats on getting cast! :D
So we started reading Romeo and Juliet in English class and i yelled out SPOILER: Romeo and Juliet die… and i shit you not at least 1/3 of the class got really pissed at me beacuse they didnt know thats how it ended
IT TELLS YOU IN THE PROLOGUE
CIVIL BLOOD MAKES CIVIL HANDS UNCLEAN
WHAT DID YOU THINK THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT, SOMEONE GETTING A PAPERCUT
UNDERSTUDIES =/= STANDBYS =/= SWINGS
- STANDBYS: IN COMPANY. PAID TO STAND BY IN CASE LEADS CALL OUT. ABLE TO LEAVE AFTER INTERMISSION.
- UNDERSTUDIES: IN ENSEMBLE. KNOW LEAD PARTS ON TOP OF THEIR OWN. TAKES OVER MAIN LEAD PARTS IF LEADS AND STANDBYS ARE OUT.
- SWINGS: (BASICALLY) LIKE STANDBYS FOR THE ENSEMBLE. (MUCH MORE COMPLEX THEN THAT ACTUALLY). KNOW HELLA PARTS (SOMETIMES 20 OR MORE). POWERHOUSE OF THE THEATRE. HAVE MAD RESPECT FOR THEM OR DIE.
THIS IS NOT HARD TO COMPREHEND. GET IT RIGHT OR I WILL SHOVE A LIGHTING BAR UP YOUR ASS AND THEN HANG YOU UNDER THE CATWALK UNTIL YOU DO.
- alternates: share role with the leads on predetermined days, usually 1-2 days/week. unlike standbys, they only need to show up during their scheduled performances. unlike understudies, they don’t have to know parts apart from their own. if a production has alternates, they are first called on before understudies can have a go.
- Emergency covers: OH SHIT ALL THE SHIT IS FUCKED THE LEAD AND BOTH UNDERSTUDIES HAVE THE DEATH FLU AND WE DON’T HAVE A STANDBY, better call up someone who’s played the role before or ask one of the swings if they want to have fun adventure times with a non-ensemble role
There needs to be a Theatre TV channel that has shows hosted by Broadway actors, shows old musicals, and on occasion, broadcasts musicals and plays currently running.
And then after two a.m, they just play showtunes until 6 in the morning.
This needs to be a real thing.
I will reblog this until I’m dead.THIS
I would pay for cable TV just for this channel.